BauerHite Orthodontic Specialists is proud to be a certified provider of Invisalign clear aligners in Edwardsville and Vandalia, which give you a clear, convenient, and comfortable option to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, include no metal, and are custom made for your teeth. They work in a series of trays that gradually shift your teeth into place. Each tray is manufactured so that the teeth are slightly straighter than the previous tray.
Why Invisalign treatment?
- Faster treatment: With weekly aligner changes, you’re on your way to the smile you want even faster. Depending on your response to treatment, particularly in mature adults, we may consider longer periods between aligner changes.
- Proven results: SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features are clinically proven to improve control of tooth movement with Invisalign clear aligners
- Better fit: Aligners made from SmartTrack material are comfortable, fit well, and are easy to put on and take off.
- Effective: Invisalign clear aligners can treat a wide range of teeth-straightening conditions, including crossbites, crowding, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Virtually invisible: Most people won’t even know you’re going through treatment, because Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
- Comfortable: Invisalign clear aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever you like.
- Convenient: Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule, since you only need to visit our office every six weeks.
Length of Treatment
Dr. Hite will determine exactly how long your treatment will take based on your specific needs. On average, Invisalign treatment time is 12 to 18 months, though you can start seeing results in a matter of weeks.
Traditional braces require adjustment appointments to change the wires and ligatures around the braces. With Invisalign, there are no brackets and wires, so adjustment appointments aren’t necessary. However, you’ll still need to visit our Edwardsville or Vandalia orthodontic office at least once every eight weeks. During your visits, Dr. Hite will make sure that your aligners are doing their job properly and make any adjustments to your aligners to keep your smile on track.
Stay on Program
To ensure your treatment’s success, we recommend that you:
- Wear the Invisalign aligners as much as possible
- Be responsible about your oral hygiene
- Allow time to get accustom to aligner trays
- Know that you have to wear a retainer after aligner treatment
Here at BauerHite Orthodontic Specialists, we pride ourselves on being patient friendly and serve our patients in a warm family atmosphere. Dr. Hite spends time with her Invisalign patients at every appointment, and every patient is treated individually to achieve top treatment results
The Invisalign Treatment Process
Your First Consultation
At your initial consultation, we will discuss your orthodontic needs and evaluate whether Invisalign treatment is right for you.
Your Custom Treatment Plan
We will use a scanner such as the iTero® digital scanning system to create fast, precise 3D digital images of your teeth. Then we will map out a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth and how long your treatment will be. You’ll even get to see how your teeth will move and preview your new smile.
Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
Your custom-made aligners will be made of Invisalign’s proprietary SmartTrack® material. They’re virtually invisible, so most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them during your teeth straightening.
Wear your Invisalign clear aligners 20 to 22 hours a day for the best results, and take them out only to eat, brush, and floss.
As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth will gently and gradually shift into place. We may recommend that you begin wearing a new set of aligners every week and schedule checkups every six weeks or so.
Taking Care of Your New Smile
When your treatment is complete, ask us about a Vivera® retainer. Vivera retainers are custom-made using the same state-of-the-art technology as Invisalign clear aligners.
To learn more about the Invisalign system and all your orthodontic treatment options, please feel free to schedule an appointment at our office. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve a smile that’s made to move!
Invisalign and the Invisalign logo, among others, are trademarks of Align Technology, Inc., and are registered in the U.S. and other countries.